Post-Critical IR moves its discussions to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in August (29-31) 2019.
A number of places at the Rio workshop are available for new participants. Our goal is to use these places to extend our discussions beyond their current boundaries. We are particularly keen to hear from interested participants with a focus on feminist, postcolonial, activist, anti-capitalist, speculative philosophical, ethnographic, and other perspectives on the critical study of world politics. However, we remain open to any perspective. Participants at any academic level are welcome.
This is a great opportunity to explore the future of critical approaches to IR outside Europe and North America with a leading group of scholars including Joao Nogueira, Vincent Pouliot, Michael C. Williams, Ole Waever, Rebecca Adler-Nissen, Anna Leander, Marieke de Goede, Isabel Bramsen, Isabel Rocha de Siqueira, Iver B. Neumann, and more.
Selected participants will have their return flights to Rio de Janeiro, along with hotel accommodation and lunch/dinner, covered for the duration of the workshop. Participants will need to arrange their own visas, if necessary, as well as insurance and other formalities.
To join us in Rio, please send the following information to email@example.com by May 31st 2019.
Want to discuss critique and post-critique with a fantastic group of people in the amazing Rio de Janeiro this August? Submit your speculative, concrete, interesting ideas here. Trips are fully funded and every perspective is welcome.
- A brief letter of interest and motivation, detailing:
- Your current position (PhD student, Postdoc, Professor, Independent Scholar, etc.);
- Your core research interests and their relation to this project;
- Whether or not you wish to be considered for funding support;
- Any further information you feel may be relevant.
- A brief extended abstract detailing what, at this stage, you might like to contribute to our discussions;
- An up to date version of your CV.